Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The Allegory of the Cave

So today we read an excerpt from a book written by Plato called "The Allegory of the Cave." I'm going to be honest, I didn't really understand it at all. Most of it went over my head because I can't retain knowledge like that. So when we were discussing it after I didn't really participate. After talking about it with the class, we came to the conclusion that this was about Socrates and how he taught the Greeks. Socrates is resembled by the prisoner in the cave who was being brought into the light. The rest of Greece is resembled by the rest of the prisoners. He comes to enlighten the prisoners and share his knowledge of the real world and he gets shunned for it. This is how it was in the allegory. After I re-read it I was able to understand it a lot more. I think well probably have a quiz on this which I'm not excited about but hopefully, I do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Assignment!

Hi Future Me, I think it's safe to say that this year has been full of crazy new experiences for me. Going into John Carroll I didn&#...